Spreading joy this holiday season may look different, but you can still create a lasting impact on your community while keeping yourself and those around you healthy. Our communities need our help more than ever this year. Here are 10 different ways to safely give back this holiday season:
1. Monetary donations: This year has been financially difficult for many, but the smallest of donations can go a long way! Consider rounding up your total while holiday shopping this year or make a small donation to a charity close to your heart.
2. Deliver meals to senior citizen communities: Spread the holiday spirit this year by dropping off a meal to your local senior citizen community. Many communities have implemented safe delivery drop-offs to ensure a healthy and safe delivery of goods.
3. Sponsor a child through the Angel Tree program: Sponsor a child in need this holiday season by picking up an angel from your local angel tree location. Find a location near you: https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/walmart-angel-tree/
4. Volunteer your time and talents virtually: Stay safe at home by offering virtual lessons or go live on social media to share tips and tricks in your brand's specialty
5. Write letters to essential workers: Share your gratitude with essential workers by writing them a thank you letter or sharing a holiday card.
6. Donate blood: The need for blood is constant, and blood centers have implemented steps to keep donors safe and healthy.
7. Spread awareness on social media about local businesses: Share some love for your favorite local businesses on your social media pages to help spread their name to your followers
8. Purchase holiday gifts that give back: Give a gift that gives back this season by shopping brands of gifts that donate a portion of your purchase to a local charity.
9. Spread kindness and gratitude: This year has been extremely difficult for all and a simple act of kindness or sharing your gratitude for your co-worker, employees, mailman or local grocery store staff can go a long way!
10. Facetime family and friends: Staying connected with our families from afar this holiday season is so important. If you are not able to spend time with your family in person, schedule a virtual happy hour or facetime chat to catch up and connect.
Follow the hashtag #ZipieGivesBack to learn more ways to give back this holiday season as well as some surprises and gifts from our team here at Zipie!